We all know that millions of pages are published every day by millions of content authors, but not all of them are well-known.
Creating a business website is just a start. In order to expand, your website must attract a large amount of traffic. As a consequence, promoting the website is essential.
On the contrary, website promotion can be difficult and time-consuming, as well as costly. The types of websites that need promotion know no bounds. Whether it’s a business website or an eCommerce website, they both need advertising to raise brand awareness.
However, not everyone has the financial means to invest in paid advertising or hiring a renowned SEO agency to do it for them. As a result, we’ve discovered successful strategies for attracting new customers and promoting the website without any need to spend money.
Ways to Promote Website for Free
While these methods to promote your website are free, you will still need to put in some effort to reap the benefits. So, pick the approaches that best serve your company’s needs and get started as soon as possible.
Recommended for you: Top Marketing Resources to Promote Your Business.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a method of improving the website’s search engine rankings. Unlike paid promotions and advertisements, SEO is a completely free tool to promote your website. The platform is open to all and is judged on content quality, website navigation, and the number of external links.
However, SEO can be intimidating, so here are some tips on how to get started.
- Write Quality Content for Topic with Organic Traffic: The importance of keyword research to your SEO performance cannot be overlooked. The content you produce must be in high demand, which you can do with proper keyword analysis. As a result, your website traffic will gradually increase as your content ranks for popular search words.
- Optimize Your Content: If you’re creating new content or adjusting old ones, content optimization is crucial for Google rankings. This involves copywriting, extensive research, and much more.
- Link Building is Vital: A backlink is a link from another page that points back to your website. Search engines use it as a metric to determine how important or useful your content is. Overall, if your website has a large number of high-quality backlinks, it would almost certainly rank highly in search engines.
Guest blogging is a great approach to establishing potential connections, expanding your link building, and improving brand recognition within your niche.
Do you know how it is done?
- Always remember to follow formatting and style guidelines for the blog you will be publishing. For instance, if existing blogs have bolded text or lots of headings, incorporate the same to the blog you want to publish. Furthermore, if the article has more than 2000 words and a lot of photos, you can do the same.
- It must be written in the context of the website niche for which you will be publishing.
- Ensure the content you’re writing is valuable to the website’s current customers.
- In addition, if you connect back to your website, always provide links to existing blogs. This not only makes your post less promotional but also makes it more engaging and insightful for your users. Isn’t it great!
Guest Blogging also enables you to create backlinks increase website page and domain authority. Do some research on pitching styles, put some time and effort into examining what other bloggers are posting to gain potential traffic. Utilize the information to customize the pitch so you receive astounding responses from every user.
As compared to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms, Quora is special. It comes with a great question and answer concept that enables the audience to share their views. Additionally, Quora enables customers to ask questions about your business, increasing customer interaction.
All in all, you must comprehend the audience’s desire to keep clients involved and satisfied. Remember that people visit Quora for solutions and not for promotions and ads.
Several other tips involve pictures and infographics that can complement your solutions offered to queries. This not only clears the confusion but provides detailed information to the audience.
Are you looking for a way to advertise your company’s website and engage potential customers? Well, email marketing is the key.
Thinking about what can be achieved by sending emails to the audience? Yes, email outreach is one of the effective ways to drive potential traffic.
You must personalize the emails you send to their preferences. If your customers have subscribed to your newsletters, educate them about how to learn more. Alternatively, if they were drawn in by your sales and incentives, keep them up to date on the new discounts.
However, building an email list comes first. Allow your audience to fill out the form on your website who wishes to receive the emails. Finally, you’ll need to send the emails as per the customer’s preferences.
Incorporate Facebook Shares
We all know Facebook is a great social media platform for casual use and entertainment. However, only a few people are aware of the distinction between being a casual Facebook user and using Facebook to promote a website for free.
Facebook has a huge user base, and it’s only a matter of time before you use it to reach and engage your customers.
Start by promoting your Facebook page and sharing all of your website’s posts there. Make Facebook connections with people who are interested in your brand or are connected to your niche in some way. Additionally, give the invitation links to all of your existing contacts to increase your page’s followers.
Promoting content on Facebook groups is similar to that of posting content on forums. Begin with reading the rules and understanding your audience. Analyze how current group members interact with their users and leave comments on their posts to establish credibility in the community.
You may further decide the visitors’ interaction on your site once the credibility among groups or communities has been created.
Respond to Customer Comments for Better Engagement
Communication is the topmost key to building customer relationships and engaging visitors to your website.
Keep track of what people are saying about your brand and use the feedback to communicate with your audience effectively. Below are some ways to do this.
- Firstly, joining any conversation is cumbersome when you actually don’t know about it. Thus, you can keep track of where and when your brand is listed online using resources like Talkwalker or Google Alerts. These tools can give you email updates or reminders, making it easier for you to visit the posts and comment sections.
- Second, it is often advisable to communicate only when you have something worthwhile to say, rather than for the sake of self-promotion. Remember that the goal is sharing information and building relationships, not adding backlinks to any piece of feedback you come across.
Share Content on Forums
Consider using forums to advertise the website to a new audience. But how to do this?
Reddit is a website where you can talk about almost anything. However, before you leap into Reddit, you must first grasp its framework and determine which niche you want to pursue.
For example, if your company specializes in book reviews, you can go to a subreddit dedicated to book lovers.
Similarly, if you own a large company, you can also use Reddit’s Ask Me Something section to connect with your customers and answer their questions. Another website marketing strategy is to transform your website into a go-to forum for your brand.
Build a Free Resource
Creating valuable content based on the brand and its products and then making it freely accessible to the public is the process of creating a free resource.
Focus on bringing value to your audience, whether it’s by pdf printable files or YouTube series for better comprehension, and you’ll reap the rewards.
How to do it?
Determine the content you want to generate. As you’ll get the most traffic if your content is only important to your niche.
Additionally, incorporate infographics into your content so retrieving information is simple and a larger audience is drawn to your brand. This will allow you to interact with the right audience while maintaining your brand’s integrity.
YouTube shares are also beneficial in sharing business-related videos and tutorials. For instance, you can create a blog on the YouTube channel and add links to your products and services. The URLs given in the description box can be easily checked by users, resulting in increased traffic and social media shares.
Tips to consider while focusing on Social media shares:
- Utilize large thumbnails to share content, resulting in increased user engagement and potential customers.
- Post your content on three different channels after it’s been published, such as Facebook, Twitter, and others, so that viewers who missed it can see it.
- Avoid publishing posts several times a day as your account can be blocked by that specific social media channel.
You may also like: Website Promotion: How to Promote Your Website?
Finally, in addition to the strategies and tips presented here, there are a plethora of other free ways to promote your company website. However, the success of any website promotion campaign is determined by resources such as time frame and expertise. So, regardless of the brand website you want to promote, you can benefit from any of these free strategies, especially the SEO service. Just focus on your business goals and get going with these tips. Hope you find this write-up helpful. Thanks for reading!
This article is written by Morris Edwards. Morris is a Manager at Awebstar, a digital marketing company in Singapore which is dealing with web design & development, SEO, mobile app development services, and more.