Remember the boy in your class, who always got appreciation from the professor because his assignments used to be “perfect”? Even if you put your heart on the task, it never seemed to get the professor’s attention. Guessing what the professor wanted was perhaps the biggest mystery of that time.
Digital marketing is not much different than solving a homework assignment. If you don’t know what your audience wants, there are high chances that your website will fail to grab their attention. Good news is that you can figure out the best online promotional and marketing strategies for your business with A/B testing.
As a marketer, you must be aware of the potential of A/B testing, and how it can transform the digital marketing strategies for your business. However, do you know that there are plenty of effective A/B testing tools available in the market that can make the whole process a lot easier for you? If you didn’t, today’s your lucky day as you are going to present the top A/B testing tools of 2019 that are worth checking out.
1. Hubspot & Kissmetrics’ A/B Testing Kit:
If you have been in the digital marketing industry for long, you must be familiar with both Hubspot and Kissmetrics. To help professional marketers devise better strategies, these two marketing services have joined hands and developed a useful A/B testing kit. Interestingly, this tool is available for free. However, you get all the essential features in this one.
- A template to help track, organize and improve the A/B tests.
- A calculator designed for statistical significance to help track your results.
- Capable of running split tests for email, landing pages, and CTAs.
- Features a “How-to guide” for instructions.
Recommended for you: 5 Tips for Balancing Website Ad Revenue with User Experience.
This A/B testing and conversion optimization platform is one of the most popular entries in the list. In fact, this tool is used by 4500+ high-growth brands, including Virgin Holidays, PayScale, eBay, Ubisoft, and Target. In fact, this all-in-one optimization suite offers you the complete package for the A/B testing.
- Offers a connected, unified view of the individual visitor.
- A reliable infrastructure that can handle billions of events per hour.
- Seamless experience ensured with dynamic CDN.
- Advanced data security with ISO 27001 and BS 10012 certification.
- Offers team collaboration at a single place.
- Seamless integration with a bunch of third-party applications.
OmniConvert primarily offers a variety of programs and services to help businesses optimize conversion and boost their ROI. Their A/B testing also offers a great number of features which make it quite useful for a client company’s marketing team. This is one of the most customizable tools in the whole list. And it allows you to run A/B tests on any type of device.
- The intuitive visual editor makes it easier for the users to conduct the test.
- Allows you to leverage Frequentist or Bayesian statistics to validate your tests.
- Offers split URL testing for different variations of a page.
- Facilitates stacked tests for continuous improvement.
- No coding knowledge required to operate the tool.
Optimizely has the most sophisticated line of clients among all the entries in this list. In fact, 24 of the Fortune 100 companies have put their faith in this platform for their A/B testing and other marketing requirements. Hence, you can guess what kind of results this platform can provide to your business.
- Allows multi-page experiments as well as multiple experiments on a single page at the same time.
- Let’s you test dynamic websites and different experiment dimensions such as geography, ad campaigns, and cookies.
- Boasts a sample size calculator which is different from other statistically significant calculators.
- Offers analytics integration as well as a visual editor.
- Let’s you experiment on different segmentation parameters like browser, device, and campaign.
If you serve the European market, where you need to comply with GDPR norms, you can try this A/B testing tool to gather the required data. This tool has earned the trust of 5000+ brands, including the major names like Sony, UNICEF, and Jabra. It is also packed with some excellent features that put it on the list alongside the industry leaders.
- The tool offers truly unlimited testing with the option to introduce training add-ons.
- Integrates seamlessly with a lot of third-party platforms like WordPress, Google Analytics, etc.
- Offers complete privacy as it does not store any personal data.
- Offers the evaluation of all tests by reporting on a large mix of metrics.
- Fast turnarounds of expert support on crucial issues.
- Multi-page experiments and advanced segment support.
6. Crazy Egg:
Like most of the entries in this list, Crazy Egg also happens to be a website optimization program that delivers A/B testing alongside its other significant offerings like usability testing tools and heat mapping. With the A/B testing tool of this brand, you can test a variety of elements of each page on your site. It also offers a bunch of exciting features.
- No codes required.
- Intuitive conversion tracking and reporting.
- Centralized Crazy Egg dashboard that offers access to the full suite of features.
- Allows team collaboration at one place.
- Easy to set up and utilize.
Freshmarketer is basically the marketing wing of a business platform named Freshworks. However, any business can use the conversion rate optimization program and get benefitted by its A/B testing as well as the split URL testing. If you want some changes in your A/B testing method, switching to this one can be quite refreshing.
- Integrates with Google Analytics.
- Tracks the amount of revenue you have generated through experiment.
- Allows the testing of several variations of the URLs.
- Offers targeting and segmentation for the focused test.
- Easy setup – takes only one minute.
- GDPR compliant.
You may also like: 7 Tools Every Social Media Manager Should Use for Marketing Campaigns.
As you can see, all these tools mentioned above have some crucial features that can not only help you test the effectiveness of your website but also provide insights into the behavior of your target market. Interestingly, most of them are ideal for specific business types. Before you choose an A/B testing tool from the list, ensure the chosen tool suits your business requirements.
This article is written by John Mark. John is a professional marketer who has been working for an e-commerce company for the past 3 years. He has also been associated with Allessaywriter, where he offers marketing assignment help to students as a subject matter expert.
Disclosure: Some of our articles may contain affiliate links; this means each time you make a purchase, we get a small commission. However, the input we produce is reliable; we always handpick and review all information before publishing it on our website. We can ensure you will always get genuine as well as valuable knowledge and resources.