Having a website is a must for every business house in today’s business world. The world is moving so fast that everyone wants everything on their fingertips. A large number of companies have started selling their products and services online. However, in order to capture the interest of customers, it is very important to have an appealing web design.
Web designing simply involves creativity, technical knowledge and experience. It comprises of different texts and graphics that appeals the users in one or the other way. A website is a great source that represents a business among its customers. The more appealing a website looks, more the clicks it will get and better are the chances of receiving positive response from its customers.
Thus, the need of an effective web designing comes into the picture that can transform any website into an attractive one. Many websites whether its author’s Website or any other business website fail to sell their products and services due to their poor website design. However, execution of the proper solutions and efficacious designing trends will help the website in attaining a top position in search engine. So, how to implement an effective web designing technique? Well, below are some of the important tips that can really be helpful in creating an effective website design:
- Keep your website uncomplicated: This is perhaps the most important and effective law of any layout. There is no need to keep extra things on a site that may create confusion and distraction. Avoid things like blinking animations, sounds that load automatically or moving content as they may distract the visitors. Make sure to use relevant images or photos along with easy to understand content that is well managed on each page. Also, don’t forget to include some hyperlinks and buttons for easy navigation to various additional pages on your site.
- Embrace all the vital information: A homepage is basically your company’s face to the world that gets more page views than any other page. Remember to keep all the significant info on your home page. Also, make certain to include your secondary information only a click aside. Keeping relevant data few clicks away from homepage will be of no use.
- Color schemes: Always prefer a color design that best suits your business. Make sure that whatever color you choose for your website whether it’s for your background, link buttons, header or added design factors, they must match well and by no means make your text ambiguous. Black is usually the most preferred color for text. However, white text can also be used with dark background.
- Logo: A logo is the most important part of your brand; make sure to locate it prominently on your site. It usually embodies how your customers think and feel about you. No matter, a business is small or big, the importance of a smart logo design for any business can’t be underestimated. Be certain to have a polished and professional logo linked to your homepage.
- Fonts: Be sure to choose fonts that are simple at the same time easy to read and understand. Some of the most commonly used fonts that work fine for sites include Times New Roman, Verdana, Arial, Georgia and Helvetica.
- Images: Avoid using images that blink, change, move, flash or rotate on your page. It has been observed that using this kind of images and flashing graphics are very distracting and annoying to people.
- Use proper margins: Make sure that your content has a breathing room. Provide proper margins and try breaking up your texts with larger sub headings and legible paragraphs. However, avoid too much of text as it can be a bit daunting. You can also consider using icons and images as an alternative way to communicate your message.
- Try testing your pages in various browsers: Preparing web pages that work best on the most modern browser is not enough. Make sure to formulate your pages in a way that it can work properly on multiple browsers so that most of the people are being able to view your pages.
This article is written by Christopher. He is working with a leading Website Design Company since last few years. In the above post he likes to share tips for creating an effective website design.