Are you searching for External Optical Disk Drives? Looking to purchase a new one for you? If your answer is yes, then you are in the right place. Here in this article, we are listing the Top 10 Best Selling External Optical Disk Drives. Review the list. Hopefully, you will find the best match to buy your desired one.
This list is updated daily, so you will always get the current updated rank & market report. Each listing displays the ‘Product name’, ‘Product image’, ‘Current ranking’, ‘Average customer rating’, ‘Buy now price’, ‘Last updated time’ as well as the ‘Buy now button’ to purchase the product from Amazon.
Please check the list below. If you find this list is interesting & useful, please do not forget to spread the words to your family & friends. You are welcome to share it on your social profiles.
*Are you new to External Optical Drives? Please visit the wiki page. Looking for Internal Solid State Drives? Check here.
Optical Drive Buying Guide: 10 Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Optical Disk Drive
An optical disk is a storing device that uses LASER technology to store data permanently or read the pre-stored data. The three major types of ODD are- CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, and Blu-Ray. The popularity of optical disk drives has reduced due to the evolving trend of online content streaming and downloading, but it’s still the best solution for data back-up whether you are a business or an individual. If you are planning to buy an optical disk drive for your personal or professional needs, then you must consider these 10 points before choosing your perfect optical drive.
The cost of the optical disk drive completely depends on the storage size and the speed. It is more costly than the internal counterparts. A re-writable ODD will be more costly than the readable one, Blu-Ray burners are the most expensive as they can perform all the functions. In the market various options are available; you can choose what suits you best and fulfills your needs.
There are three major types of disks available in the market. They are: CD-ROM, primarily used for small data and audio transfers and has a capacity up to 700MB, DVD-ROM has a capacity ranging from 4.7 GB to 8.5 GB, ideal for storing games, applications, or movies, and Blu-Ray which can be used to store HD videos or a large amount of data and has a capacity of up to 128GB. You can choose any of these ODD, according to your need.
Optical disk drives fragile by default but some bigger-looking drives are sturdier and more durable, they will not break or suffer any damage if dropped. So, you should invest in an optical disk of a reputed brand that has a sturdy quality.
ODD uses a low-power laser beam to store electronic data on an optical drive that can be both read and written by the user. Optical Drive storage ranges from single CD to Blu-Ray, which can store up to 128 GB. So, choose what suits you best.
Re-Writable Optical Disk Drive
Re-writable drives are costly if compared to readable ones. These types of drives allow you to read, erase and re-write up to more than 1,000 times. DVDs come with two types of re-writable disks, i.e. –RW and +RW, both are slightly different from each other. Purchase according to your need.
The higher the speed better will be your working experience. The speed of the optical drive is directly related to its cost, the higher the speed, the higher will be the cost of the drive. DVDs rotate faster than CDs, and their speed is about 9 times faster than that of a CD. The speed of a Blu-Ray drive is about 3 times faster than that of a DVD.
Always select an optical disk drive according to the interface connection you need. An optical disk drive interface includes PATA, SATA, USB, and SCSI. The best and standardized interface of all is SATA and USB. An external version of SATA, known as eSATA is also available, so choose what connects ODD inside the console.
Different drives have different speed ratings. The speed for DVD writers and Blu-Ray writers is mentioned on its retail box itself, so we highly recommend you to check its recording performance before investing money. The higher the speed, the greater will be the working experience.
Type of Optical Disk Drive
Choose the type of ODD you need – A DVD burner may be used if you want to create DVDs or burn CDs, but if you want to burn movies in 4k or Ultra HD quality or video game discs, then you need to purchase a Blu-Ray recorder.
Optical Drive Compatibility
Modern optical disk drives are compatible with CD-R&RW, and DVD-R&RW, so you need not worry about compatibility if you have any data in these disk types. But Blu-Ray disks are only compatible with Blu-Ray drives.
Top 10 Best Selling External Optical Disk Drives
*This list is updated daily. So if you wish to watch the market trends about how the product ranking is changing, just bookmark this page and check this page time-to-time to get the latest ranking report.
Also, feel free to use the comment form below to share your thoughts, ideas, reviews, and/or experience with our community. We will be glad to publish your comments.
You are also welcome to share this article on your social profiles like Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, Linkedin, or on any other social platforms of your choice. For your simplicity, there are also some easy sharing buttons available at the end of this article.
We tried to make this article useful to you. We are hoping you liked this article and collected some useful information from it. Wishing you all the best with your new purchase.
- Product name: External DVD/CD Drive, USB 3.0＆Type C External DVD Player for Laptop, RW Optical Drive, Slim Portable DVD CD ROM Rewriter CD Burner for Desktop, PC, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux OS.
- Brand: Dapoal.
2. Wbacon (xiangdinglan)
- Product name: 7 in 1 External Blu-ray Drive, USB 3.0 Type-C Optical External Blueray/DVD Drive Burner with SD/TF Port, Support 100G Bluray Disc R/W for PC Compatible with Windows XP/7/8/10/11 Mac Laptop Desktop.
- Brand: Wbacon.
- Manufacturer: xiangdinglan.
3. Aumdie BT681
- Product name: Aumdie External CD/DVD Drive for Laptop, USB 3.0 CD DVD +/-RW Burner CD ROM External DVD Drive CD Reader DVD Player for Laptop PC Mac MacBook Desktop Windows 11/10/8.1/7 Linux.
- Brand: Aumdie.
- Part Number: BT681.
- Model Number: BT681.
4. Yaeonku (YouGuYou)
- Product name: Yaeonku External Bluray Drive,USB 3.0 and Type-C Portable 3D Blu-ray DVD Writer Burner,Slim Optical Bluray CD DVD Drive Writer Suitable for Windows XP/7/8/10/11 MacOS for PC,Laptop,Desktop,Mac.
- Brand: Yaeonku.
- Manufacturer: YouGuYou.
5. ORIGBELIE TP620
- Product name: ORIGBELIE External CD DVD +/-RW Drive USB 3.0 USB C Portable CD/DVD Player Burner Reader Writer Optical CD ROM Disk Drive for Laptop Desktop PC Mac MacBook Pro/Air Windows Linux OS with Carrying Case.
- Brand: ORIGBELIE.
- Part Number: TP620.
- Model Number: TP620.
- Product name: External CD Drive, DVD Player for Laptop, USB3.0＆Type C Portable CD/DVD Burner, CD ROM Optical USB DVD Drive External is Suitable for PC, Desktop, Windows 7/8/10/11, Mac OS and Linux.
- Brand: Dapoal.
- Product name: Unitek External CD DVD Drive, USB C Portable CD/DVD +/-RW Drive/DVD Player with SD Card Reader USB 3.0 USB C Hub CD ROM Burner Compatible with Laptop Desktop PC Windows Linux OS Apple Mac.
- Brand: Unitek.
8. Yaeonku (YouGuYou)
- Product name: Yaeonku 7 in 1 External Bluray Drive, USB 3.0 Type-C 3D Blu-ray DVD Burner Slim Optical External Bluray DVD Burner with SD/TF Card Slot 2 USB 3.0 Ports 2 Type-C Ports for Laptop PC Windows Linux MacOS.
- Brand: Yaeonku.
- Manufacturer: YouGuYou.
9. wintale XD007
- Product name: wintale External Bluray DVD Drive,Portable 3D Blu-ray External DVD Drive with USB 3.0 and Type-C Dual Port, External Blu Ray Player Suitable for Windows XP/7/8/10/11 MacOS for PC,Laptop,Desktop,Mac.
- Brand: wintale.
- Model Number: XD007.
10. ROOFULL B21-Y (+Carrying Case)
- Product name: ROOFULL External CD DVD Drive with USB 3.0/2.0/Type-C Ports and SD Card Slot, Portable CD/DVD ROM +/-RW Disk Player Burner Reader Writer Adapter for Laptop PC Windows, Mac, Linux with Carrying Case.
- Brand: ROOFULL.
- Part Number: B21-Y (+Carrying Case).
- Model Number: B21-Y (+Carrying Case).
You may also like: Top 10 Best Selling Micro SD Memory Cards.
Apart from keeping the above ten points in mind while purchasing an ODD; you should also know some important information that will help you avoid recording or playback issues. One should never leave the tray of the disk open, when not in use, don’t touch the lens of the disk, or clean it with a damp or wet cloth, to avoid scratches on the surface of the disk always hold it by edges, and never expose them to direct sunlight.