Are you searching for Computer Motherboards? Looking to purchase a new one for you? If your answer is yes, then you are in the right place. Here in this article, we are listing the Top 10 Best Selling Computer Motherboards. Review the list. Hopefully, you will find the best match to buy your desired one.
This list is updated daily, so you will always get the current updated rank & market report. Each listing displays the ‘Product name’, ‘Product image’, ‘Current ranking’, ‘Average customer rating’, ‘Buy now price’, ‘Last updated time’ as well as the ‘Buy now button’ to purchase the product from Amazon.
Please check the list below. If you find this list is interesting & useful, please do not forget to spread the words to your family & friends. You are welcome to share it on your social profiles.
*Are you new to Computer Motherboards? Please visit the wiki page. Looking for SSD Drive? Check here.
Motherboard Buying Guide: 10 Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Perfect Computer Motherboard
The component that serves as a foundation while buying a pre-build pc or while setting up your pc is the motherboard. It is a PCB (printed circuit board) that acts as a backbone and allows a variety of other components of a computer to communicate with others. It also provides different connectors for components like memory, storage GPU, and CPU.
The motherboard is a complicated device and has a lot of technical details involved in it, but below given are 10 points that will help you to choose your perfect motherboard that will meet your needs.
The first decision that you should take before buying a motherboard, is from which brand you want your CPU to be. The two major companies that manufacture CPUs are Intel and AMD. Both these companies offer CPUs from entry-level to high-end gaming and are constantly trying to outdo each other by upgrading their technologies. After choosing the CPU, choose a motherboard with the right chipset and socket.
Choosing the right form factor for your motherboard is important, as the form factor of the PC should match that of the motherboard. E.g., if you are using an ATX form factor for your PC, then you should choose the same for your motherboard. Always remember to check the compatibility of the motherboard with the form factor you choose. Some form factors are: – Standard ATX, Extended ATX, Mini ATX, and Mini ATX.
The CPU socket is a square receptacle, where the processor chip fits in. The socket type of the processor must match that of the board. You should also check the CPU’s compatibility with the motherboard before purchasing. The processor chip of the same brand may not fit in the motherboard of that brand, so purchase only after considering this point.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS), is the software of the motherboard which detects the hardware connected to it. BIOS has to regulate the data flow between the hardware and the operating system. It is pre-installed in the motherboard in the non-volatile chip. You can update BIOS whenever you want.
A chipset is both the hardware and software of the motherboard that allows various other components to communicate with each other. If you have the wrong chipset then the BIOS may not detect the CPU, even if the CPU socket supports the CPU. The best chipsets from Intel are- Z390 & Z370, from AMD brand are- X470 & X 370.
An I/O shield is a metallic plate, whose job is to protect the motherboard when the user inserts the cables in the ports. Different models have a different shield and can be misplaced t if you are purchasing a second-hand motherboard or upgrading your motherboard, so make sure to check the presence of this shield, while purchasing.
If you want to connect storage drives or optical drives to your motherboard, and then purchase one with the no. of SATA ports you need. SATA ports allow you to connect SSD or HDD. Make sure to purchase a motherboard that has a SATA of 6GB standard, also known as SATA 3.0.
PCs with RAM of 8GB and 16GB are recommended for people who are into the gaming or professional field, if you want to expand that Ram then you must buy a motherboard with a dual in-line memory module, wherein you further add RAM up to 128GB. Purchase extra RAM in kits of 2 or 4 DIMMS.
A motherboard has many connectors or ports to connect the other components of the PC with the device. You should always buy a motherboard that has all the ports that you require, as not all the motherboards have all the connections.
A motherboard has a variety of ports that can be used to connect various components of the PC. These ports can be easily expanded over the years. PCIe 3.0 & 4.0 has enough slots for expansion that will fulfill your present and future needs.
You may like: How to Upgrade your Laptop for Quick Performance?
Top 10 Best Selling Computer Motherboards
*This list is updated daily. So if you wish to watch the market trends about how the product ranking is changing, just bookmark this page and check this page time-to-time to get the latest ranking report.
Also, feel free to use the comment form below to share your thoughts, ideas, review,s and/or experiences with our community. We will be glad to publish your comments.
You are also welcome to share this article in your social profiles like Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, LinkedIn, or on any other social platforms of your choice. For your simplicity, there are also some easy sharing buttons available at the end of this article.
We tried to make this article useful to you. We are hoping you liked this article and collected some useful information from it. Wishing you all the best on your new purchase.
1. ASRock Z590 (90-MXBEV0-A0UAYZ)
- Product name: ASRock Z590 PG Velocita DDR4 ATX LGA 1200 Motherboard - 90-MXBEV0-A0UAYZ, Intel Z590 Chipset, High Density Glass Fabric PCB, Supports 10th and 11th Gen Intel Core Processors, Black.
- Brand: ASRock.
- Part Number: 90-MXBEV0-A0UAYZ.
- Model Number: Z590.
2. MSI PRO Z790-A MAX WiFi
- Product name: MSI PRO Z790-A MAX WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (Supports 12th/13th/14th Gen Intel Processors, LGA 1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, M.2, 2.5Gbps LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, Wi-Fi 7, ATX).
- Brand: MSI.
- Part Number: PRO Z790-A MAX WiFi.
- Model Number: PRO Z790-A MAX WiFi.
3. GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE X AX
- Product name: GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite X AX (LGA 1700/ Intel/ Z790 X/ATX/ DDR5/ 4* M.2/ PCIe 5.0/ USB 3.2 Type-C/Wi-Fi 6E/ 2.5GbE LAN/Q-Flash Plus/EZ-Latch Plus/Motherboard).
- Brand: GIGABYTE.
- Part Number: Z790 AORUS ELITE X AX.
- Model Number: Z790 AORUS ELITE X AX.
4. MSI B650GamingPlusWiFi (B650 Gaming Plus WiFi)
- Product name: MSI B650 Gaming Plus WiFi Gaming Motherboard (AMD AM5, ATX, DDR5, PCIe 4.0, M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI/DP, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop Processors).
- Brand: MSI.
- Part Number: B650 Gaming Plus WiFi.
- Model Number: B650GamingPlusWiFi.
5. MSI MEG Z790 ACE MAX
- Product name: MSI MEG Z790 ACE MAX Gaming Motherboard (Supports 12th/13th/14th Gen Intel Processors, LGA 1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, M.2, 2.5Gbps LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, Wi-Fi 7, Thunderbolt, E-ATX).
- Brand: MSI.
- Part Number: MEG Z790 ACE MAX.
- Model Number: MEG Z790 ACE MAX.
6. ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II
- Product name: ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi II LGA 1700(Intel 14th & 13th & 12th Gen)ATX gaming motherboard(DDR5,PCIe 5.0,2.5 Gb LAN,5XM.2 slots,PCIe 5.0 x16,WiFi 7,front-panel connector with PD 3.0 up to 30W).
- Brand: ASUS.
- Part Number: ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II.
- Model Number: ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II.
7. ASRock B650D4U (AsRock Rack)
- Product name: AsRock Rack B650D4U Micro-ATX Server Motherboard Single Socket AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Processors (LGA 1718) B650E PCIe 5.0 Dual 1G LAN.
- Brand: ASRock.
- Manufacturer: AsRock Rack.
- Part Number: B650D4U.
- Model Number: B650D4U.
8. GIGABYTE B650 GAMING X AX
- Product name: GIGABYTE B650 Gaming X AX (AM5/ LGA 1718/ AMD/ B650/ ATX/ 5-Year Warranty/ DDR5/ PCIe 4.0 M.2/ PCIe 4.0/ USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C/AMD Wi-Fi 6E/ Realtek 2.5GbE LAN/Motherboard).
- Brand: GIGABYTE.
- Part Number: B650 GAMING X AX.
- Model Number: B650 GAMING X AX.
9. ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 FORMULA
- Product name: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Formula LGA 1700(Intel 14th &13th&12th) ATX Gaming Motherboard(HybridChill,ROG Water-Cooling Zone,DDR5,Wi-Fi 7, 5X M.2 Slots, PCIe® 5.0 NVMe® SSD, 2xThunderbolt™ 4 Ports).
- Brand: ASUS.
- Part Number: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 FORMULA.
- Model Number: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 FORMULA.
10. MSI MAG B550M MORTAR MAX WIFI
- Product name: MSI MAG B550M Mortar MAX WiFi Gaming Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI/DP, Micro ATX, Wi-Fi 6E, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processors).
- Brand: MSI.
- Part Number: MAG B550M MORTAR MAX WIFI.
- Model Number: MAG B550M MORTAR MAX WIFI.
You may also like: How to Choose the Best GPU for a Gaming Laptop?
The motherboard is a collection of sockets, circuits, transistors, slots, capacitors, connectors, route signals, heat sinks, etc., that allows you to send power and signals throughout the PC. The motherboard is a one-time investment so while choosing a motherboard read the above points carefully and choose what serves your purpose well today and tomorrow.