E-commerce has witnessed an exponential growth over past decades! From making it possible for users to purchase products without leaving their desk to delivering orders right at the doorstep, e-commerce has changed the way people shop. It has also bought worth a lot of new concepts and solutions to suit different business types. One of the e-commerce trends that have gained popularity in recent times is the web-to-print e-commerce. Web-to-print e-commerce first entered the market with the onset of e-commerce in the 1990s. Since then web-to-print solution providers have been constantly expanding their solutions and bringing in new innovations in this field.
What is Web-to-Print Commerce?
Before moving ahead on how to launch and grow a web-to-print commerce store, it is important to have an understanding of the concept. Web-to-print is also known as print e-commerce or remote publishing. It provides an automation solution online for integration of e-commerce stores to printers. It has increased the efficiency of workflows of digital prints.
These websites are usually accessible to the general public or commercial users. The initial purpose of web-to-print was to assist the process of ordering through the Internet.
Recommended for you: 5 Niche Sectors to Consider for ECommerce Business Opportunities.
Launching and growing a profitable web-to-print commerce website
Print and design industry is one of the top examples of rapidly changing technology. Over time, these systems have improved, become more effective and easier to use. The focus has changed beyond print to new services that may require print.
- First and foremost, be clear on the purpose of your web-to-print store. Do you want to sell products that have intricate details? Do you want to focus on personalization? Once you have your business aim clear, you can proceed to research. Conduct research on different web-to-print software available in the market.
- Buy a domain name and hosting for launching your web-to-print store. Before you start designing the store finalize the business name and look for the domain names related to the same. It is possible that you will have to alter the domain name as per availability. Decide the name, buy a domain and hosting and then start with the design and development process.
- While choosing web-to-print software, it is always better to contact your developers first. They will tell you their specific technical requirements and development needs. Also, discuss your requirements with the developers. This discussion will ensure that you do not end up with a non-compatible print-to-web software or tool.
- Determine which printers you are going to use. From basic off-the-shelf printer packages to sophisticated solutions, you need to choose a printing solution that suits your specific needs. There has been a major advancement in printing technologies so look for printers that have improved the latest printing capabilities.
- When you are creating an e-commerce store with a CMS like WordPress, there is no out-of-box solution for print commerce. You can opt for different plugins that provide this utility in WordPress e-commerce stores.
- While developing the system, focus on keeping the system dynamic and scalable. This will make it easier to grow your store in the future.
- Pay special attention to the design of your online storefront. Customers today do not like complicated processes. So, keep the e-commerce flow simple and short. Do not make your visitor browse to endless pages to place a single order. While choosing a template, make a note on the technical limitations and the level of alteration it allows developers.
- Do not limit your business to print. Look for ways to generate revenue besides regular product sales. You can look for avenues like on-demand marketing, personalized product fulfillment, personalized gifting and more.
- Remember, personalization is the key to successful print commerce. It has been seen that personalized products have always yielded better results. So, make sure personalization is the part of your execution and marketing strategy right from the start.
- When it comes to marketing, hitting the right notes of your target market is most important. In your marketing campaigns, try to highlight the value you will create for your customers. Your ads and marketing campaigns should make you stand out from the other businesses in the market.
You may also like: eCommerce SEO Tips: 6 Essential SEO Tips for Your Online Store.
Web-to-print commerce stores will help you boost revenues, grow sales and create a brand for your business. Join the web-to-print store’s bandwagon today!
Disclosure: Some of our articles may contain affiliate links; this means each time you make a purchase, we get a small commission. However, the input we produce is reliable; we always handpick and review all information before publishing it on our website. We can ensure you will always get genuine as well as valuable knowledge and resources.