The food delivery industry is growing at a very fast pace. Especially after the lockdown happened, most of the people shifted to online resources for their basic needs such as groceries, food items, clothes, etc. As per data released by Statista, more and more people ordering food items via online mode. This has made the food delivery industry one of the fastest-growing global industries.
Not even this, but it has pushed many restaurant owners and small offline businesses to shift online. This is because those who are operating through online apps have seen immense growth. Therefore, if you are among those who have always wanted to open an online store, this is the best chance for you. All you need is a good delivery clone app and you’re all set to start your business.
Who Benefits the Most from Owning a Food Delivery App?
- Restaurants: Restaurants are most benefited from having a clone app. People can easily reach out to their services in the most efficient manner. Restaurants do not need to wait for customers to come, they can simply extend their reach to neighboring areas.
- Entrepreneurs of a particular region: Other people who benefit from owning a food delivery app are entrepreneurs of that region. Doing Investment in such businesses leads to success and high returns.
- Users: Users get the most benefits by owning a food delivery app. They can order food any time they want from apps like Uber Eats, Foodpanda, Zomato, etc. They can easily order online in just a few clicks.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of having a food delivery app like Uber Eats. You can take care of all these pros and cons while stepping into the development part. Everything has some cons, but we need to look at the bright side. The same happens here. It has more pros than cons.
Platform to Customer: Advantages
- Increase in orders.
- Minimal overhead cost.
- Effective order management.
- Convenience to users, restaurants, and delivery people.
Platform to Customer: Disadvantages
- Lack of user data.
- High commission.
- Higher promotion costs.
Restaurants to Customers: Advantages
- Faster services.
- Increased customer base.
- Process automation.
- No middleman.
Restaurants to Customers: Disadvantages
- Higher waiting time.
- Hygiene issues.
- Competition from other delivery apps.
Recommended for you: Two Types of On-Demand Food Delivery Platforms – Pros and Cons.
Steps to take before Creating your Food Delivery App
There are many things that you need to take care of before developing a food delivery app. The most important thing is that you need a proper business plan so that the app can be made according to that.
Follow these steps before proceeding with the development process:
1. Stay Up to Date with Market Trends
Being up to date with trends in the market is extremely important in order to stand in the market. You need to know what other businesses are doing and what your target audience wants. In this way, you will be able to provide the best to your customers.
If you won’t be updated with market trends, you won’t be able to provide users with the best options. Trends always change and that’s what a user looks for in a service. If you don’t care about these trends, you will miss out on your target audience.
Therefore, it is the very first step towards developing your online business. You need to have a very clear idea about your customer’s needs and expectations. To get an idea about this, you can look out on social media. Some of the best choices that you can give to your audience are social media integration, smartwatch integration, GPS integration, and virtual assistance on the food delivery app.
2. Research your Target Market
Researching your target market is very important if you want your business to do wonders. Once you know each and every detail about your target market, you will definitely rock with your business.
To do proper market research, you need to understand the needs of people. At a good level, you can consider documenting the audience’s demographics, prioritizing aspects such as income, source of income, age, gender, and nationality.
Knowing these things about your target audience would help you provide them with the best services. Once you have completely understood these things, you are ready to go with creating your app.
3. Identify Critical App Features
There are many food delivery apps in the market. But what you need to do is make something special and different that every user would go for your app.
This can be only achieved when you add amazing features and integrations to the food delivery app. although there are features like registration and login, that are common in almost every app. Apart from that, you can think of some creative features such as GPS integration, payment gateway, order tracking feature, reviews, and ratings.
All these advanced features would make your app stand out in the market.
4. Select Technologies for the Development
Selecting the best technology is a heavy task. you need to follow the trend in order to choose the best technology. But it may happen sometimes that the technology which you choose may go out of the league. Therefore, you need to take care of these things before jumping to the development process.
It is not like you will only need one technology for creating the whole app. Every functionality included different technologies. For example, if you want to list nearby restaurants, you would probably need tech stacks like GrubHub API, or FourSquare API. For providing a payment gateway, you would need Square API, Stripe, or PayPal.
In this way, the more features you will add, the more technologies you will need.
Some Best Tips for Food Delivery App Development
Once you have done user and market research you are all set to work towards your app.
Follow these steps to get the maximum output from your services. First, you need to understand user needs. And for that, here are some things you can keep in mind:
- Quick and easy search: Users want quick and easy navigation on the app. They don’t want complex things.
- Order status: Receiving information about the order in real-time is another thing that a user wants.
- Real-time courier monitoring.
- Сonvenient payment methods: Users want an easy and convenient mode of payment on the app. For this, you can add payment gateways such as Paytm, Google Pay, etc. You can also add an option to pay on delivery.
- Customer support: It is very important in the long run. Whenever a user faces any problem, you need to be available 24*7 for their assistance.
- Promo codes: Promo codes and discount vouchers excited users more than anything else. You can provide regular offers and promo codes to engage users.
- Robust security: Everyone who uses an app needs the app in such a way that their personal data should not be leaked. The security of apps is already a top topic. Therefore, you need to be very careful with this. You can hire a security specialist who can test the app at every stage to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Reliable project infrastructure: Investors and aggregators need projects that are reliable in nature. Therefore, you need to make the whole process as reliable as possible.
- Easy admin interface: It is very important in order for the proper functioning of the app. As the admin manages and handles every task on the app, therefore the admin interface needs to be culture-free.
- Strong documentation: Documentation helps buyers to understand the app. Therefore, your document needs to be a detailed explanation of the app. Every detail with code snippets is given for a better understanding.
Now, you must have got an idea about the different needs of an app regarding a user and other technical needs. Therefore, you can transform all these needs and expectations into a fully functional and responsive food delivery app.
When your app will be ready, the workflow for a user is going to be something like this:
- Drop or type your address.
- Choose a nearby restaurant.
- Add food items to your cart.
- place order and track using GPS.
- While placing your order, you can also pay online.
- Once you receive your order, give feedback.
You may also like: Robots Set to Serve Food: Culinary Practices to Reach New Height with Integration of Automation.
With the increase in user demands and expectations, food delivery apps have come a long way. The features and integrations in these apps are helping the users and restaurants in so many ways.
With the pace that the business is growing right now, the food delivery industry will be among the top industries of a country. On-demand services have taken over the market.
All the advantages of having a food delivery app are mentioned above.
Therefore, if you have made up your mind to get into this, this is the right time for you. You can go for any food delivery script such as the Uber Eats clone script for your business.
While building a food delivery app from scratch requires a lot of money and knowledge, therefore you can think of some alternatives. For example, you can go for a mobile app development company where your needs can be fulfilled within no time.
This article is written by Priyanka Singh. Priyanka is a passionate content writer from Success Sensation who writes articles related to mobile apps and technologies opportunities in various profiles. She also writes about varied topics such as Uber Eats clone script, web development, app development, website design and loves to explore them.