RSSpotter is a Joomla Module works natively in Joomla 1.5.x environment. This is a Joomla extension specially developed for Joomla version 1.5.x. This ticker floats a number of text items that have been defined in the admin panel. It is useful to add the headlines from your favourite sites to your own website. It is resizeable, you can change colors settings, you can set float direction, you can set items url redirection. This is a free extension. The features are:
- Customizable width and height of the ticker.
- Customizable color. From admin section you can able to change the color theme very easily. Everything like font color, background color, button color, all are customizable.
- You can also able to manage the ticker scrolling speed and the arrow speed.
- You can add 1 to 50 items into it.
- You can choose the items will display serially or randomly.
How To Configure and Use the Module (Steps):
- Install this Module.
- Now go to “Extensions” => “Module Manager”
- Edit/Add RS-Spotter Module and publish it after configuring the module using the following steps listed below:
- Module Class Suffix: A suffix to be applied to the CSS class of the Module. This allows for individual Module styling.
- Ticker Width: Width of the Ticker in pixel. Default value is 350.
Please Note: In default configuration the maximum working width of this ticker module is 560 pixel. If you wish to use this ticker with bigger width, then make sure to set the “Background Transparency” to “100” in the module parameter.
- Ticker Height: Height of the Ticker in pixel. Default value is 25.
- Background Color: Background color in hex-code. Do not add # before the color code. Default value is FFFFFF.
- Background Transparency: Background transparency can be any value from 0 to 100. 0 means no transparency, 100 means fully transparent. Default value is 20.
- Arrows Color: Color of arrows in hex-code. Do not add # before the color code. Default value is 666666.
- Arrows Mouse-over Color: Color of arrows on mouse-over in hex-code. Do not add # before the color code. Default value is 999999.
- Distance Between Items: Distance between two items in pixel. Default value is 24.
- Ticker scrolling speed: Ticker scrolling speed in second. Default value is 1.
- Transition speed: Transition speed in second. Default value is 0.
- Arrows speed: Arrows speed in second. Default value is 3.
- Item moving direction: Direction of movement of items, left or right. Default value is “Left”.
- Text Color: Color of text in hex-code. Do not add # before the color code. Default value is FFFFFF.
- Text mouse-over color: Color of text on mouse-over in hex-code. Do not add # before the color code. Default value is D9D840.
- Item separator character: Item separator character. Default separator is “-”.
- Hide Separator: Choose “NO” to show the separator character, choose “YES” to hide the separator character. Default value is “NO”.
- Separator Color: Color of the separator in hex-code. Do not add # before the color code. Default value is FFFFFF.
- Hide side buttons: Choose “NO” to show the side buttons, choose “YES” to hide the side buttons. Default value is “NO”.
- Randomize items: Choose “YES” to randomize the items before displaying, choose “NO” to display the items serially according to your item order. Default value is “YES”.
- Width of Arrows: Width of arrows in pixel. Default value is 20.
- Add Ticker/Scroller Items:In this section you can able to add upto 50 items that will scroll in the front end. To add each item you will get the following 3 options:
- Item Title: In this field you need to add the title or headline of the ticker item.
- Item Link: In this field you need to place the URL or link of the item. (Example: http://www.yoursite.com/special.html)
- Open Link In: In this field you will get one option to mention that after clicking on the item the link/url will open in the same window or in a new window.
Support: If you have any question/suggestion or if you wish to report any error please post it in our forum: SUPPORT FORUM LINK (Please do not forget to mention the extension name and the version)